CMSA® Final Exam
Effective September 1, 2021, the CMSA® Final Exam will be introduced as an additional requirement in earning the CMSA® certification and designation. It aims to protect the integrity of the program and increase the value and credibility of the certification.
In addition to completing the 15 required courses (8 core and 7 elective courses), students need to complete the final exam to earn their CMSA® certificate.
- Structure: 60 multiple-choice questions drawn from a randomized question bank.
- Location: The exam is online and does not need to be scheduled.
- Length: 2.5 hours
- Content: The exam covers the content from the prep courses and core courses. Contents from elective courses will not be covered.
- Results availability: Students will receive their results immediately after completing the exam.
- Passing score: 70%
- Eligibility: The exam can be accessed upon completion of 8 core courses and 7 or more electives.
- Number of attempts: One attempt
- Retaking the exam: Students who do not pass the exam may re-enroll in the CMSA® program for a US$50 fee and will have to wait for one month until they can attempt the final exam again. Each additional exam attempt follows the same process. Students who have already passed the exam are not allowed to retake the exam again.
- How to prepare: Review the course videos, materials, exercises, and case studies. Take the CMSA® practice exam.
- Practice exams: Students may take an unlimited number of practice exams before challenging the official exam.
The final exam will be mandatory to students who have not yet completed the program by September 1, 2021, but will also be available and optional to all existing CMSA® certification holders and students who have completed their studies before the actual launch of the CMSA® final exam.