CMSA® Final Exam
Effective September 1, 2021, the CMSA® Final Exam is an official requirement to earning the CMSA® certification and designation. It aims to protect the integrity of the program and increase the value and credibility of the certification.
In addition to completing the required courses, students need to complete the final exam to earn their CMSA® certificate.
- Structure: 50 multiple-choice questions drawn from a randomized question bank.
- Location: The exam is online and does not need to be scheduled.
- Length: 3 hours - timed
- Content: The exam covers the content from the prep courses and core courses. Contents from elective courses will not be covered.
- Results availability: Students will receive their results immediately after completing the exam.
- Passing score: 70%
- Eligibility: The exam can be accessed upon completion of the required courses.
- Number of attempts: One attempt
- Retaking the exam: Students who do not pass the exam will have to wait for one month until they can attempt the final exam again. Each additional exam attempt follows the same process. Students who have already passed the exam are not allowed to retake the exam again. You must hold an active subscription at the time of the exam and all retakes.
- How to prepare: Review the course videos, materials, exercises, and case studies. Take the CMSA® practice exam.
- Practice exams: Students may take an unlimited number of practice exams before challenging the official exam.
How to Unlock the CMSA Final Exam
To unlock the CMSA final exam, please ensure you complete all courses by clicking the complete and continue button on the bottom right of the page. Every lesson and module should have a green checkmark beside it.
Next, you can find CFI's honor pledge as one of the final steps before taking the final exam. All checkmarks should be checked in green and you must enter your full legal name before submitting it.
Once the steps above are complete and you're ready, find a quiet place with a stable internet connection and start the exam. There will be a countdown timer counting down from 3 hours.
CMSA Final Exam Checklist
CMSA Final Exam Next Steps
After you pass the exam, there are some optional extra steps that can help you make the most of your hard-earned CMSA certificate.
View + Download the CMSA Certificate
You can retrieve your program certificate by going to My Transcripts and Certificates > Certifications > choose CMSA in the selection menu.
Download your certificate and keep it in a safe place!
Please note that it can take up to 24 hours for your certificate to become available.
Share Your Certificate on LinkedIn
There's no better feeling than sharing your certificate with colleagues and potential employers to show off your upgraded skills! You can add your certificate to LinkedIn by opening the certificate link and clicking the "Add to my LinkedIn profile" button.
Order a Printed Certificate (Optional)
You can order a printed certificate to hang on your wall, add to your physical certificate collection, bring it to the office, or do anything you like.
We charge $97, which goes towards the professional printing process and the shipping right to your doorstep almost anywhere in the world.
You can order a printed certificate by scrolling to the bottom of the program page and clicking "Order Physical Certificate."