BIDA™ Final Exam
The BIDA™ final exam will be a requirement for earning the BIDA™ certification and designation effective July 1, 2022.
It aims to increase the integrity of the certification and make the certification more valuable to potential employers.
In addition to completing all the core courses and at least 3 elective courses, students need to complete the final exam to earn their BIDA™ certificate.
- Exam structure: 50 multiple-choice questions including case studies, drawn from a randomized question bank. These questions include the required completion of four case studies.
- Exam location: The exam is online and does not need to be scheduled.
- Exam length: 3 hours
- Exam content: The exam covers the content from the core and prep courses. Content from elective courses will not be covered.
- Exam results availability: Students will receive their results immediately after completing the exam.
- Passing score: 70%
- Eligibility: The exam can be accessed upon completion of all core courses and 3 or more elective courses
- Number of attempts: Unlimited
- Retaking the exam: Students will have to wait for one month until they can attempt the final exam again. Each additional exam attempt follows the same process.
- How to prepare: Review the course videos, materials, exercises, and case studies. Take the BIDA™ practice exam.
- Practice exams: Students may take an unlimited number of practice exams before challenging the official exam.
I subscribed before July 1st, but have not yet earned my BIDA™ certification. Will this apply to me?
If you register for the BIDA™ program prior to July 1st but have not completed all the requirements by then, you will have to take the new final exam to finish the program and earn your designation.
I have already earned my BIDA™ certificate. How will this affect me?
Students who have already completed their BIDA™ certification by July 1st will not be impacted by this change.
How difficult will the final exam be?
The BIDA™ final exam includes theory questions, applied BI questions covering all the core tools, and 4 interactive case study-type questions. The exam will cover content that spans the core elements of the BIDA™ program, and the difficulty level will be similar to the qualified exams at the end of each course.