FMVA® Final Exam
Effective August 31, 2020, the FMVA® final exam will be introduced as an additional requirement in earning the FMVA® certification and designation. It aims to increase the integrity of the certification and make the certification more valuable to potential employers.
In addition to completing the required 12 required courses (9 core and 3 elective courses), students need to complete the final exam to earn their FMVA® certificate.
- Exam structure: 50 multiple-choice questions including Excel modeling case studies, drawn from a randomized question bank.
- Exam location: The exam is online and does not need to be scheduled.
- Exam length: 3 hours
- Exam content: The exam covers the content from the core and prep courses. Content from elective courses will not be covered.
- Exam results availability: Students will receive their results immediately after completing the exam.
- Passing score: 70%
- Eligibility: The exam can be accessed upon completion of 9 core courses and 3 or more electives.
- Number of attempts: One attempt
- Retaking the exam: Students who do not pass the exam may re-take the exam for a $50 fee and will have to wait for one month until they can attempt the final exam again. Each additional exam attempt follows the same process.
- How to prepare: Review the course videos, materials, exercises, and case studies. Take the FMVA® practice exam.
- Practice exams: Students may take an unlimited number of practice exams before challenging the official exam.
The final exam will also be available and optional to all existing FMVA® certification holders and students who have completed their studies before August 31, 2020.