CBCA® Final Exam
The CBCA® final exam is a requirement in earning the CBCA® certification and designation. It aims to increase the integrity of the certification and make the certification more valuable to potential employers.
In addition to completing the 18 required courses (15 core and 3 elective courses), students need to complete the final exam to earn their CBCA® certificate.
- Exam structure: 60 multiple-choice questions including one credit analysis case study, drawn from a randomized question bank.
- Exam location: The exam is online and does not need to be scheduled.
- Exam length: 3 hours
- Exam content: The exam covers the content from the core and prep courses. Content from elective courses will not be covered.
- Exam results availability: Students will receive their results immediately after completing the exam.
- Passing score: 70%
- Eligibility: The exam can be accessed upon completion of 15 required and 3 or more elective courses.
- Number of attempts: One attempt
- Retaking the exam: Students who do not pass the exam may re-enroll in the CBCA® program for a $50 fee and will have to wait for one month until they can attempt the final exam again. Each additional exam attempt follows the same process. Students who have already passed the exam are not allowed to retake the exam again.
- How to prepare: Review the course videos, materials, exercises, and case studies. Take the CBCA® practice exam.
- Practice exams: Students may take an unlimited number of practice exams before challenging the official exam.
The final exam will also be available and optional to all existing CBCA® certification holders and students who have completed their studies before the actual launch of the CBCA® final exam.